Summer pizza that doesn’t heat the whole house!
Grilled Garden Vegetable Pizza
Makes: 6 servings
Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed, and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 8 slices smoked provolone cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Mix oil and garlic and brush onto both sides of vegetables.
- Sprinkle veggies with pepper.
- Grill veggies over medium heat with the cover down until tender
- 4–5 minutes per side for pepper and onion
- 3–4 minutes per side for zucchini
- 2–3 minutes per side for tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop pepper, onion, and zucchini.
- Spread pizza crust with cream cheese; layer with 4 slices provolone and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil, carrots, oregano, and thyme.
- Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining cheese.
- Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until the bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5–7 Minutes.
- Top with remaining basil.