Start Your Holiday Savings Today!
As you’re getting into the swing of a new school year the holidays might seem far away, but the fall is a great time to start saving! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Set a savings goal: Determine what money you will need as it nears the holidays. It might be buying a gift for a family member or saving for a special outing. Having a concrete goal will help you stay focused and motivated to save.
- Start a piggy bank: Using a fun piggy bank or even a clear jar is a great way to get your savings started. Put in money from your allowance or the change from purchases you make now. You’ll be surprised how quickly it adds up!
- Involve the family: Encourage family members to support your savings efforts by matching your contributions or offering extra opportunities for earning money. They can even add their spare change to your piggy bank!
- Comparison shop: Be sure to compare prices before making a purchase. Ask your parents to help you search for the best deals or find coupons or discounts to stretch your budget.
- Consider DIY gifts: Get creative and make your own gifts! This not only saves money but also adds a personal touch to your gifts.